Posted on 29 July 2010 by irene
Summer is in full swing and Mr. Sun has definitely come out to play this summer.
I am definitely not an advocate of tanning in the sun and especially not of tanning beds, but there’s no denying that the Beach Bronze Goddess look is hot.
A tan can make you look healthier, liven up your face, and make you look slimmer.
Tanning is bad bad bad for you, but you can achieve the look without catching those harmful UVA/UVB rays: Sunless Self-Tanners and Bronzers.
Now, I know that there are many Koreans that love pale complexions~ I used to be one of those Koreans.
* I would go to heavy extremes to avoid getting tan: I would wear ginormous hats and cover myself in towels/clothes even on the beach.
* A few years ago, I started to appreciate the tan look: I still slather myself in sunblock constantly, wear hats, and try to stay out of direct sunlight… but I do allow myself to get a little sun.
Even with my diligent Sunscreen
regimen, I still get a tan and freckles, so can you imagine how damaged your skin will be if you’re TRYING to get a tan. It can take up to ten years for actual damage from the sun to show up and even one bad burn can cause irreversible damage.
Soooo, to avoid all the unneccesary aging that the sun brings but still have a beautiful glow, try Bronzers.
It’s Quick, Simple, and a No-Committment way of getting a gorgeous glow.
Bronzers are simple enough- The look of the sun in just a few steps.
Beauty Tip for Bronzers:
* To make bronzer look natural, make sure to lightly apply right up to the hairline so that it blends in naturally.
* Start with a light hand. You can always add more and you don’t want to look “dirty” or “orange”
This is the easiest Bronzer formula to use. It works on all skin types and works best for Oily Skin.
* A Matte shade is good to use for an all-over glow
- Use a medium sized Powder brush to lightly dust across your T-Zone (Forehead, Nose, Chin) and on your cheekbones
- Another way of applying bronzer is by creating a “3″ on your face. Apply bronzer over your eyebrow, create a curve onto your cheekbone, and another curve from your cheekbone to your chin
* A Shimmer bronzer is good for highlighting.
- Use a medium sized Powder brush to apply bronzer as you would blush for some color without using pinks or peaches.
This formula works on all skin types but works best for Dry Skin
- Use your fingers or a sponge to apply Cream bronzer. Dab bronzer onto the apple of your cheeks and blend upwards towards your ears and on top of your cheekbones. Use the remaining bronzer (on fingers or sponge) on your T-Zone.
Gel, Oil, and Mousse:
These can be a bit trickier to use and is best used for an all-over darker “tan” look.
- Use sparingly and apply a little at a time so it looks natural
Pale skin can be beautiful, but I think you should always change up your look a little depending on the season: Summer is a time to play with color and experiment.
Stop looking like a vampire who hasn’t been outside in months and go for a little glow~ you may be surprised at how great you look.
For those of you that love the sun and are slathering yourselves in oil to get a dark tan, you’re going to regret it in the future. Get the look without the damage by using a bronzer.
Remember kiddies~ SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN
SUN DAMAGE= Bad
* Have a Glowingly Beautiful Day! ~*