What does your hair look like? Is it Long, Straight, and Black/Black with Brown Highlights) ? If you have the same hair that you did in pictures 5 years ago, perhaps you need to change it up. Add some excitement to your look!
I’ve had the long,straight, magic perm, dyed hair for most of my life. It can get old real fast… especially when all the other Asian girls look exactly like you from the back. Hair is one of the easiest ways to give you a new style. It’s a really simple, quick, and fun way to change your look.
If you’re scared of commitment, you can easily change your look by playing around with Hair Ties, Clips, and Bobby Pins. I love a Half Up/Half Down look. Punk up a Ponytail with some hairspray. Put it in a chic chignon (aka a bun). Do the Twist… A French Twist! At the very least, grab a headband and you’ll instantly change your look.
For those that are more adventurous, there are countless options to add some flair to your hair:
Bangs are a great look. Make sure you find the right style for your face shape.
Here is a site that tells you what cut works for you
Click Here for a more in-depth review on bangs *http://www.visual-makeover.com/face.htm
Cutting your hair can drastically change your look. You can add some layers if you usually have it all one length. It can give you a lighter, flirtier, fun look. Try cutting off a few inches to give yourself a cleaner look.
- If you alway have long hair, try giving yourself a medium length haircut.
- If your hair is by your shoulders, cut it even shorter!
- An angled look is something that has become a lot more popular and I think looks really great (Think Rihanna and Victoria Beckham)
Changing your hair color is a great way to change your look. Long gone are the days of using Sun-In to lighten your hair.
- Adding a few highlights can brighten your face. Add some more and it can dramatically change your look.
- You can change your hair color temporarily by using glazes or getting a hair “coating”
- When changing your hair color for the first time, it’s recommended to get it done by a professional
- There are a lot of really good at-home hair dyes. I tend to like the Loreal Preference, but there are a ton that you can try. *Because Asians have dark hair, the color you buy may not show up on your hair. If you’re trying to cover gray, at-home kits should be fine. If you’re trying to go from black to brown/blonde, it may be better to go to a salon.
- Digital Perm- Popular in Korea for giving a loose, natural wave to hair
- Magic Perm/Japanese Straightening- Stick straight shiny hair. Think Jennifer Aniston hair. Many Asians have this hair
- Brazilian Perm- Doesn’t last as long as Magic Perm, but similar results.
You can click Here to try out some virtual makeovers on yourself.
Lots of women are extremely attached to their hair. It’s almost like a security blanket f or some women…. Ladies, it’s time to grow up and not fear change or being different!
Try something new. Have some fun! It’s only hair~ It’ll grow back!!! In the end, it doesn’t matter what type of hair you have. As long as you’re happy with the hair you have, that’s all that matters.
And for those of you that are thinking I have the same typical Asian hair as everyone else… I went from Long,Brown, Straight hair that went to my back and chopped it off to my ears. It’s now grown to my shoulders… and I’m loving every stage of it!
*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*